Connect with us

NEWS

India’s gay prince opens his palace to LGBT people

A gay Indian prince has opened up his 15-acre palace grounds to vulnerable LGBT people and is said to be constructing more buildings to house visitors.

Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil, who is the son and probable heir of the Maharaja of Rajpipla in Gujarat in western India, will run the centre with his organisation The Lakshya Trust.

The royal, who was ostracised by his family after coming out publically in 2006, started the community based organisation to support gay men and educate people about the prevention of HIV/Aids.

Homosexuality remains a big taboo in Indian society and sex between people of the same gender is punishable by law in the country.

The controversial Section 377 of the country’s penal code bans sexual activity that is “against the order of nature” and many have interpreted the wording to include gay sex.

Speaking to the International Business Times, the prince said he was keen to empower people with the social security system they need to ensure they are not left with nothing if their families disown them after coming out.

“If I could undergo these problems then any other gay person could face a similar situation,” he said.

“In India, we have a family system and we are mentally conditioned to be with our parents. The moment you try to come out you are told you will be thrown out and society will boycott you. You become a social outcast. A lot of people are financially dependent on their parents.”

“I want to give people social and financial empowerment, so eventually people who want to come out won’t be affected. They will have their own social security system. It won’t make a difference if they are disinherited.”

The prince’s coming out was breaking news all over India at the time and resulted in effigies of him being burned in his home state and people calling for him to be denied his title.

On top of this, he was disowned and disinherited by his parents.

Download Song
23 Comments

23 Comments

1. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 7:57 am

How come he’s gay now is that not a woman in the picture?

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:41 am

I taya oh….and he is even with kids so e like children but he is a gay??

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:52 am

My dear no mind Lailas they took eba this morning instead of coffee ☕️ 😂 that’s tin tall pics I think they mixed up the news 😂

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 10:12 am

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 10:12 am

OK oh

2. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:06 am

waнѕ d ғυll мeanιng oғ lgвт @laιla

3. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:13 am

Why did you use Tin tall and his family for this headline? Pls clarify

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:44 am

Confuse had to look the pics over again

4. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:16 am

And you’re using Tin tall Tony’s family pictures

• Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:46 am

Ask them oh, i just wonder

5. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:24 am

But this is someone else picture,please do something about it before people start saying ill things to them

6. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:46 am

Hmm tin tall pic

7. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:50 am

Mixed up. …

8. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 8:50 am

Hmmmmm gays come dey get money pass self mtcheeww

9. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:11 am

Am confused…

10. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:13 am

So why tall pix and family

11. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:19 am

I love this, read it:

A King had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to him; My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes. One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn’t prevent his majesty from losing a finger. Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, ‘despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong’. Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his servant. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, God is Good & Perfect. Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn’t have one finger in place, he was released because he was considered not “complete” to be offered to the gods. On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I have no missing finger. Everything God does is perfect, He is never wrong. Often we complain about life, and the negative things that happen to us, forgetting that everything happens for a purpose. God knows why you are reading this message today, please bless someone with it by sharing it. God is good and perfect!! My dear friend, a good attitude will determine your altitude. When you look at your life, career, job or family life, what do you say? Do you praise God? Do you blame the Satan? A good attitude towards God makes Him move on your behalf. Just sit down and say, Today , I am thankful I had a peaceful sleep, I am thankful I am alive with possibilities, I am thankful I have a roof over me, I am thankful I have a job, I am thankful that I have Family and Friends. Above all, I am thankful that I have God in my life . Be blessed and don’t be envious or shocked when others are prospering because you don’t know what they have been through to get there (test, trials and tribulation) so thank God for what you have. “Little is much when God is in it. It Is Well With God’s grace. Touch someones life with this message if God is for us, who can be against us? Don’t read if you can’t forward. God has seen you struggling with something. God says it’s over. A blessing is coming your way. If you believe in God send this message on, please don’t ignore it, God is going to fix two things (BIG) in your favor. If you believe in God, drop everything and pass it on. Today will be the best day of your life.

12. Anonymous

January 9, 2018 at 9:38 am

This gay of a thing is now everywhere.

13. BJ Bonji